Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The Cost Of Survival

I guess I need a light bulb moment for making good money. It's getting harder to be creative these days and support yourself by doing it. It's getting harder to support yourself period. When I was younger I thought it would come right to me. I mean it's not hard to make the money. You just need enough to sustain your existence. That's why it's harder. Let me give you an example:A dump apartment in the 60's was $100.00 and wages were $2.50 Today wages have only gone up to approx. $7.50 (after taxes) for a 40 hour work week. so you make approx. $1100.00 a month. Lets see if we can live off of our hard labour...

AVERAGE PERSONS MONTHLY BILLS
Rent =MINIMUM $550.00 to $600.00 for a piece of shit.
Heat $900 a month (oil prices continue to sky rocket)
food= $150.00 if you mostly like kraft dinner and canned goods.
Power =$100.00 or more if you like using it.
Transportation =$100 0r $60 if you use the bus.
phone=$32.00 minimum.
necessities=$50.00 (laundry,soaps, toothpaste, toilet paper, tampons..) So now we only have $70 left. Water? Debts anyone? Student loans? Your gonna owe the man something at some point. more like everyone because we're broke. BETTER NOT GET SICK! you can't afford it. HOME EMENITIES.OR emergency funds. Car need repairs? Nothing lasts forever anymore. Then there's clothes, furniture... That's allot of fuckin' money and we haven't even done anything fun to keep us from snapping. Entertainment? I guess I'll just watch TV ($30 a month for basic cable) I'm too tired from working to go out. Not to mention broke. Maybe I can rent some movies? Only $10 including munchies.....

The government is really behind the scenes these days. It's the faceless corporations that are ruling over us. Where we go shopping makes a big difference. ie. Mc Donald's made $5.42 billion in 2007. They expect an increase in profits because of the Healthier menu, but most employees working there are at poverty level. Even the managers only make slightly more then the teenagers that are just there to save money and don't know that much about survival. That's why I can't stand working for big places like Walmart, Super store, Call centers etc. You get treated like crap, work all the fuckin time, always get called in on your day off and you don't make enough to show for your hard, usually stressful and disgusting work.

Thank you Mc Donald's. No I don't want fries with that. I can't affort any 'add-ons' because you aren't paying me enough...

No comments: