Friday, January 18, 2008

HOBBIES

Have hobbies, not addictions. There are allot of young people my age, that don't know what the hell a hobby is. They think hobbies include: video games, drinking, gambling, marijuana, sex, bar hopping and shopping. Now I'm no square. Believe me I do all those things. But they can be destructive to your mind and your wallet. There is more to life. Having hobbies are productive. They make you more creative and intelligent. They can even make you money if you're good at them.

When I quit drugs I had to leave all my old friends behind. For a while I was really depressed and useless. Then I met a guy that recently quit the party life style as well. He made me realize that you don't have to do those things to fit in. You can be wholesome and accomplish more. Know I'm as happy as I was as a kid. I feel content because I'm doing things for myself and not other people. I work at home and it's so comfortable. I have a better relationship with my family.

If you feel stressed, have a bubble bath, light some candles and play soft music. Learn how to build models. Make crafts and sell them online. Learn haw to cook gourmet meals. Read about something that has always interested you! Be creative instead of waiting for something to happen.

People are too pressured into fitting into a mold when it comes to entertainment. Fitting into a mold is stressful and time consuming. You need time to think and feel and be a human being! We all need to live more wholsomly. Going out to bars and shopping has its kicks but not if that's your only entertainment. Make your own fun.

"The less you live the more you consume." "The more you live the more you love." Love people and life. Kind of corn filled I know. But it's TRUE!!

No comments: