Wednesday, February 6, 2008

No pipe cleaners please!

I was looking at other people's blogs and I came across a little Christian blog. Oh goody! I knew I wouldn't be surprised by the irrationality of this person. The woman was going on about how there should be other ways to teach kids about God without using crafts . Glitter glue and pipe cleaners are a poor way to teach kids. In the Christian womans blog there was a picture of a mother holding up a sign saying "No pipe cleaners please!" The goodly Christian quoted on the picture saying, " Good. At least somebody gets it."
What better way to teach about the Lord, then to abolish any little source of fun in Sunday school. Nothing says God is boring and he doesn't want you to have any fun, better then this. I'm sure more and more society will avert from being secular because of these bold protesters!

I remember as a kid sunday school was a real drag. You had to get up early and go to a second weirder school, Even though it was the weekend. It was always cold for some reason. You had to repeat things you didn't understand from the Bible. It was very boring. The only fun thing was gluing Jesus to stuff and making origami angels. Good harmless fun. My mom asked me when I was 7 if I wanted to go to sunday school and church anymore. I remember very clearly saying, the only thing I really liked about it was exchanging presents on Christmas and making crafts. My mom smiled and told the lady on the phone that I wouln't be going to church anymore. I've been a happy athiest ever since. :-)

No comments: