Wednesday, December 5, 2007

I've been thinking of starting another revolution like in the 60's. only without drugs.There's so many things one could protest about in Canada and the U.S. I know protesting is dangerous and changes very little, but it's fun to be a pain in the ass to the powerful people that are messing everything up. I put up little notes and posters in stores about controversial things. I'm sure people rip them down but at least they read them first. I want to start making some noise but I'm not quite sure how. Hopefully I won't get assassinated like all the other people that tried to make a differrence. I made a list of all those who got assassinated by the bad guys that wanted power.............I'm reading a book called DO IT! by Jerry Rubin, published in 1970. My favorite quote is " a society that suppresses adventure makes the only adventure the suppression of that society." I thought that quote sounded familiar and then I remembered reading a similar quote in the new magazine Adbusters. (a magazine driven to make people aware of how their consumerism affects society) It reads " The society that abolishes every adventure makes its own abolition the only possible adventure." I wonder where they get their inspiration?

No comments: